17 Jan Peekaboo Gallery presents the 50th Anniversary of Rod Serling’s Night Gallery
Opening Saturday, January 26th, 2019
Creature Features & Peekaboo Gallery unveil a special sneak peek at the latest exhibit celebrating the 50th anniversary of Rod Serling’s NIGHT GALLERY, the macabre TV anthology that aired on NBC from 1969 to 1973.
This exclusive evening of supernatural art and artifacts is headlined by the original paintings created for the series by artist Tom Wright, now a celebrated TV director on shows such as N.C.I.S. and SUPERNATURAL. Each painting captured the chilling themes and storylines of each episode, introduced by the ominous tones of host Serling.
The exhibit will also feature additional artwork by Jaroslav “Jerry” Gebr, whose work appeared in the 1969 NIGHT GALLERY pilot and THE SIXTH SENSE when it merged with Serling’s series during syndication.
The exhibit will also feature a complete visual history of the series, including original props, vintage promotional memorabilia, rare behind-the-scenes photographs from the show’s production, and much more.
The evening will be highlighted with personal appearances by Tom Wright, various cast & crew members from the series, along with authors Jim Benson & Scott Skelton, who wrote the definitive book on the series: Rod Serling’s NIGHT GALLERY: An After Hours Tour. Both will be on hand to sign copies of their book, though quantities are limited.
All attendees will receive the following with ticket purchase:
- A first look at the exhibit, featuring Wright’s original paintings, plus new tribute paintings and sculptures created by a host of noted contemporary artists.
- A commemorative 50th anniversary program book created exclusively for the exhibit
- A special NIGHT GALLERY print created for the exhibit by Tom Wright and available only to attendees of the pre-opening event, plus the first opportunity to purchase NIGHT GALLERY-themed merchandise
- An opportunity to meet artist Tom Wright, authors Jim Benson & Scott Skelton, Phil Vanderlei and various participants from the series*
- A variety of hors d’oeuvres and refreshments
- and more to be announced!
*Guest schedules subject to change.
An extremely limited quantity of tickets are being offered on a first come, first served basis. This event is guaranteed to sell out, so please order early to reserve your space.
Opening Night: Saturday, January 26th, 2019
VIP Opening Hours: 5 – 7:30 pm, VIP Tickets: $75
Public Opening Hours: 8:00 pm – 10:00 pm, General Admission: $10
On View Through: Saturday, January 26th – February 10th